Thursday, August 15, 2013

I have an amazing creed to share. Amazing.
 But grant me these recitals.
I’m about over the use of the word entrepreneur. It’s a word that is applied by others to you, not by you to yourself.
 You can call yourself a king, but until it’s recognized, you may as well call yourself the man on the moon.
 No real entrepreneur calls themself such. They say they work hard. They have crazy ideas. They are passionate. But as soon as they say ‘I’m an entrepreneur,’ they are not.
 A whack idea and some funding doth not an entrepreneur make.
 Genius neither.
 Entrepreneurs generate wealth, they don’t just move it around like their poser fans or kids funded by parents blind with love and faith.
Buying a franchise does not make you an entrepreneur. Unless you raised the money to do so by painting street numbers on curb and babysitting to raise the dough, ET AL.
Squatters and scavengers are not entrepreneurs. Especially domain squatters. Fuckheads. But you get my drift. Then again maybe not. No matter.
Bill Gates may or may not be an entrepreneur. I say no.
 99% of entrepreneurs have not read this far.
And here is the entrepreneurs creed. If you don’t get it, don’t sweat it! It SUCKS to be an entrepreneur.
Until it doesn’t.
 And only a few know what this means.
Hey. Did I mention that this creed is known as the ‘American Creed’? That’s cool, but had Dean known about Honey BooBoo he might have thought better and called it for what it is.

 The Entrepreneur’s Creed.


I do not choose to be a common man
It is my right to be uncommon...
If I can. I seek opportunity... Not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
Humbled and dulled by having the state to dream and build, to
Fail and succeed.
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole.
I prefer the challenges of life to the

Guaranteed existence; the thrill of
Fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.
I will not trade freedom for beneficence
Nor my dignity for a hand out. I will
Never cower before any master nor bend
to any threat.
It is my heritage to stand erect,
proud, and unafraid; to think and act for
myself; enjoy the benefits of my
creations; and to face the world boldly
and say, "This I have done with my own hand,
I am a man. I am an American.

No comments: